There are jobs and then there are careers. Join the team of Autovol Solutioneers!
Position: Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports to QA Manager
DESCRIPTION AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Autovol is committed to building top-quality, affordable housing by empowering a devoted team of savvy Solutioneers with the latest in automation technology for off-site volumetric construction.
We have the ability to change the way we build through the automation of the construction processes. Autovol, Inc. in Nampa, ID, is the first fully automated volumetric modular factory in the USA, and most advanced modular factory across the World. Apply today and join the team that will shape the future of construction.
The primary role of this position is Inspecting and promoting quality assurance processes at the factory. This will be accomplished in conformance with quality standards using ethical work practices, observing all applicable government laws and regulations, building codes, and company policies. The right candidate will be eager to learn, be well organized, detail-oriented, and focused on the success of the team/company as a whole.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Live the Company’s mission and values and advocate these to other Solutioneers.
- Ensure that we are building high quality, affordable housing by empowering a dedicated team of savvy Solutioneers with the latest in automation technology for offsite volumetric construction.
- Functions as an owner of the Company contributing to the Company’s overall goals.
- Ensure that all applicable codes are adhered to in the building process.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Modular Construction package.
- Continually broaden his or her knowledge of the IRC/IBC with state revisions.
- Ensure that all manufacturer’s installation instructions are adhered to.
- Verify that all appropriate Solutioneers are aware of the requirements when a new material is introduced.
- Perform quality inspections.
- Through monitoring and training, ensure that every building is free of defects regarding all applicable codes and standards.
- Upon each inspection through the production process, the QA Inspector shall review the traveler, attesting that all code requirements are met, and deficiencies are addressed.
- Work with state inspection agencies to address concerns or deficiencies and understand expectations for both parties.
- Monitor construction materials to ensure they meet all applicable codes and standards, i.e., moisture content of lumber
- Be an integral part of training assemblers and supervisors in proper construction methods to conform to all applicable codes and standards.
- Assist the QA Manager in the development of Job Process Requirements (JPR) and administering Training Acknowledgments that heighten awareness of requirements and build a culture of self-inspection.
- Actively contribute to the Company’s quest for continuous quality improvement
- Actively promote all quality objectives/initiatives.
- Communicate all corrective actions with the QA Manager and department.
- Work with the necessary teams/individuals to identify systemic defects, find their root causes and initiate systems to prevent their recurrence.
- Participate in training sessions. Actively seek out learning opportunities. Become involved!
- Keep superiors and peers informed, seek their advice, involvement, and approval when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Autovol management.
- Must know how to read and interpret construction blueprints
- You must be able to walk, climb, lift loads of at least 30 lbs. and perform such other physical duties as may be necessary to carry out the job functions described above.
- You must be able to communicate honestly, effectively, and clearly with peers and supervisors.
- Unwavering commitment to conform to the requirements. Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or ability and willingness to learn.
- Have very good interpersonal skills and a high tolerance for stress. Should be able to resolve conflicts in a fair, reasonable, and professional manner.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in modular housing
- Candidates with additional experience and/or education other than those listed above may be considered.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy starting with 10 days annually and increasing with years of service.
- Paid holidays and no night shifts!
- Dual plan Medical Insurance: 100% Employer-paid PPO Medical plan for employee (only) or 100% Employer-paid HDHP Medical Plan for employee and a child
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Supplemental Policy coverage
- Voluntary 401(k) and Roth IRA plans
- Local perks, including discounted Costco and Axiom gym memberships.
Autovol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate based on gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Autovol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities under the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. Autovol is a tobacco & drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
DOE: $18 – $25