Position: Safety Coordinator
Reports to: Safety Manager
Minimize the risk of job-related accidents. You will monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities. Promote occupational health and safety awareness.
This position requires that you be well-versed in Construction and General Industry Safety. Your work will be focused on prevention, so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace.
- Investigate accidents that occur onsite and identify possible causes of the accident.
- Organize and conduct safety training.
- Collaborate with Solutioneers at all levels to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
- Help create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily.
- Conduct safety observations, audits, and inspections on a regular basis.
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operation.
- Maintain documentation of the company’s safety procedures, audits, inspections, accidents, and related events.
- Proven experience as safety coordinator or similar
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA guidelines and practices
- Experience in reporting and developing policies
- Experience in implementing training programs
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Diligent with an analytical mind
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
- OSHA 30 or similar
- Construction & manufacturing environment experience (5 years)
Autovol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate based on gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Autovol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities under the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. Autovol is a tobacco & drug-free workplace.