There are jobs and then there are careers. Join the team of Autovol Solutioneers!
Position: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
DESCRIPTION AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Autovol is committed to building top-quality, affordable housing by empowering a devoted team of savvy Solutioneers with the latest in automation technology for off-site volumetric construction.
We have the ability to change the way we build through the automation of the construction processes. Autovol, Inc. in Nampa, ID, is the first fully automated volumetric modular factory in the USA and the most advanced modular factory across the World. Apply today and join the team that will shape the future of construction.
The primary role of this position is to bring multi-family multi-story housing developments to be built at our modular factory. This will be accomplished in conformance with quality standards using ethical work practices, observing all applicable government laws and regulations, building codes, and company policies. The right candidate will be eager to learn, be well organized, detail-oriented, and focused on the success of the team/company as a whole. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
Challenging, complex projects
Creative and innovative problem-solving environment
Supportive, communicative leadership who celebrate your success
Opportunities for growth, training, and development
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek out Multifamily and Hospitality developers and cultivate relationships with their key decision makers.
- Implement and execute the Autovol sales strategy and strategic plan to achieve company’s sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Achieve and exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Prospect daily opportunities to create relationships.
- Become a market expert in modular project development.
- Part-time travel required
- Have existing relationships with multifamily developers in the Bay Area is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of Modular Construction (preferably with design and/or project execution experience).
- Must have proven relationship building and maintenance skills.
- Must have sales executive experience, including, meeting and/or exceeding sales targets.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, self-driven and energetic.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, have excellent public speaking skills and the ability to create and provide engaging presentations and demonstrations in an individual and large group environment with all levels of clients (Executives to Associates).
- Must have a clear understanding of the Northern California construction market and must be able to articulate the distinct aspects of modular construction within that market.
- Experience working in or with large scale developers, general contractors, architectural firms, is a plus.
- Must have database experience and be responsible for work tracking and daily updating.
- Must have a quiet home office environment with the ability to host conference calls, webinars and client calls without interruptions.
- You must be able to communicate honestly, effectively, and clearly with customers, peers, and supervisors verbally and in writing
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a high tolerance for stress. Should be able to resolve conflicts in a fair, reasonable, and professional manner
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in modular housing
- Minimum of 10 years of professional multi-family / multi-story housing development sales experience in the construction sector
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent related field experience
- Candidates with additional experience and/or education other than those listed above may be considered
- Strong knowledge of State and local municipalities’ building codes CA / ID helpful.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy starting with ten days annually and increasing with years of service
- Paid holidays
- Dual plan Medical Insurance: 100% Employer-paid PPO Medical plan for employee (only) or 100% Employer-paid HDHP Medical Plan for employee and a child
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Supplemental Policy coverage
- Voluntary 401(k) and Roth IRA plans
- Local perks, including discounted Costco and Axiom gym memberships
Autovol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate based on gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Autovol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities under the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. Autovol is a tobacco & drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary plus commissions