There are jobs and then there are careers. Join the team of Autovol Solutioneers!
Position: Apprentice Electrician
Reports to: Journeyman Electrician
DESCRIPTION AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Autovol is committed to building top-quality, affordable housing by empowering a devoted team of savvy solutioneers with the latest in automation technology for off-site volumetric construction.
We have the ability to change the way we build through the automation of the construction processes. Autovol, Inc. in Nampa, ID, is the first fully automated volumetric modular factory in the USA, and most advanced modular factory across the World. Apply today and join the team that will shape the future of construction.
The primary role of this position is to help electricians by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. The right candidate will be eager to learn, be well organized, detail-oriented, and focused on the success of the team/company as a whole.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools
- Construct controllers and panels, using power drills, drill presses, taps, saws, and punches
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical • systems and equipment
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
- Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations
- Desire to innovate and create with a willingness to stretch the limits of what’s been done before
- Willingness to implement processes, instructions, and strategies to improve our performance as a team
- Proven ability to problem-solve
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in residential or commercial electric systems
Apprentice status required
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy starting with 10 days annually and increasing with years of service
- Paid holidays and no night shifts!
- Dual plan Medical Insurance: 100% Employer-paid PPO Medical plan for employee (only) or 100% Employer-paid HDHP Medical
- Plan for employee and a child
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Supplemental Policy coverage
- Voluntary 401(k) and Roth IRA plans
- Local perks, including discounted Costco and Axiom gym memberships
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and lifting 50+ pounds regularly.
Autovol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate based on gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Autovol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities under the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. Autovol is a tobacco & drug-free workplace.
Salary: $15.00 – $20.00